I had a great time last night at Lisa's birthday. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I knew it would be a small number of close family and friends so I'd spent some time on making sure that I had a wide range of effects ready to go. The one's that seemed to go down the best were:
- a signed card magically becomes inverted. I was especially pleased with this as it was my first performance of this effect
- pinching the digits from Masie's phone and tossing them onto my phone and then ringing her number
- a spectator is asked to separate reds from blacks whilst effectively blindfolded and finds she has done a perfect job
- my Tarot card reading trick
- I performed an effect where a person is asked to choose a film card and then read out a list of films from the back of the film card they have chosen. I hadn't done this for quite some time. I had an inkling that someone would eventually 'get' the secret of this but everyone was having so much fun trying to figure it out that I just let it run until someone did indeed tell me how it was done.
- I finished with the old classic effect for Lisa and Mark who ended up with their two signed cards fused together and that seemed to be the perfect point to finish on.
Here is an email I just received:
I can't thank you enough for Saturday evening. My birthday has been the most perfect weekend ever and you really were the icing on the cake!
The magic you performed was mind blowing and we loved having you. I will certainly leave you a review.
I will certainly be recommending you to family and friends in the future.
Hope to see you at another weekend event,